Friday, March 14, 2008

Listening to The Silence

Silence. I hear silence. I have so much to say, and so I hear ambient nothingness. Is it really silence, or are all the sounds canceling themselves out?

Noise. The defining characteristic of our time. A cacaphony of voices, opinions, advice, reviews, commentary, talk. "Talkte raho!", as the nightwatchman in your mind would say. What about listening? As in, closing the oral orifice, and opening the aural. Hmmm...

But Buzza, why do you write a blog when you advocate listening? Get in line like the rest of us and wait your turn to talk, you say. Ok baba, I admit it....I am a creature of my generation. I love talking. But I hope (against hope) that by blogging on my four favorite topics - Economy, Politics, Sports, and Nature, I may end up learning something from the multitudes of talkers on the Intertubes. In the process, maybe learn the art of listening. And maybe, just maybe, hope that the noise in my head heeds to the silence outside.

With that said, here goes.....

2 Comments:

At March 25, 2008 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Ravi said...

I was reading mass high tech and it says starting a blog is the easy part, sustaining it is the more difficult.
Economy, sports, politics and nature are pretty broad topics and hopefully you will have enough in your head to keep writing.
I look forward to your blogs. These are areas of my interest too.

 
At March 27, 2008 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Prasant said...

Thanks Ravi. Comments from readers likeyou certainly help in keeping this blog going!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home